Hospitalist Jobs in Mississippi
Tuesday · April 23, 2019
1 Job in The Magnolia State
Photo: Steamboat on the Mississippi River near the Crescent City Connection Bridge.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent position (Oxford) is a single-specialty group practice.
- The hospital has a certified level II Nicu, but they don't currently utilize it.
- From down home cooking to upscale culinary creations, Oxford is a food lover's delight.
- Touted as the "Cultural Mecca of the South", creativity abounds in Oxford as musicians, artists and writers alike find inspiration in Oxford's rich history, small town charm and creative community.
- In-house during the day.
- Cover nursery (well baby and eventual level 2) with ADC ~5, deliveries (900/yr.
- Education of RNs/RTs to help grow their skillset and the acuity that the unit can handle.
- Staffing Model: 2 Pediatric Hospitalists.
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford serves the northern third of Mississippi.
- Baptist has opened up a beautiful, brand new facility with growth in mind dedicating a large area to nursery and Pediatrics.
- With over 30 years of high-quality Women's & Children's services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems.
- Envision Physician Services is partnering with Baptist Memorial Hospital - North Mississippi to provide services for their expanding Pediatric Inpatient unit as well as newborn services.
- They plan to grow the program to be able to keep patients who are down to 32-weeks gestational age.
- We are seeking a Pediatric Hospitalist who has experience in the delivery room and feels comfortable with C-sections, high-risk deliveries, and neonatal resuscitation/stabilization.
- Schedule: Week on/off schedule (Off 6-months out of the year).
- Over the years Oxford has also been known for offering exceptional culinary experiences including James Beard award-winning chef and owner of five restaurants, John Currence.
- Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care.
- Reporting Structure: The Medical Director will report directly to the Regional Medical Director.
- One of the fastest growing hospitals in the region, Baptist-North Mississippi has relocated into their new facility located at This new facility will allow Baptist-North-Mississippi to provide even greater care to patients across its more than 100 medical and surgical specialists representing more than 30 specialty areas.
- Attend 50% of deliveries), pediatric inpatient floor (ADC - 2), ER consults.
- Candidate Profile: Candidates must be an MD/DO and be Board Certified in Pediatrics.
- Pediatric subspecialty support includes Pediatric Radiology, Anesthesia, and Infectious Disease available via telemedicine.
- We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
- Compensation: This position delivers a competitive compensation package with a base salary and leadership stipend.
- Nestled in the Hills of North Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi is the home of the University of Mississippi, also known as Ole Miss.
- This is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up and serve a community in need.
This perm job from Envision Physician Services was last open on Apr 17.